Supporting Construction Careers
The Scholarship Program is committed to supporting the education of men and women interested in careers in the construction industry.
Scholarships are awarded annually to students enrolled in construction-related programs in Washington including:
- technical schools
- community colleges
For a full list of schools, please visit our Workforce Development page.
2022-2023 scholarship applications were due March 1, 2022. We are no longer accepting applications.
Please check back with us in December for scholarships for the 2023-2024 school year.
Through the generosity of individual and corporate donors, numerous scholarships are awarded annually.
Named endowments designated for scholarships include:
- Becky Wallace Scholarship for Women in Construction Management or Civil Engineering at WSU
- Betcher Family Foundation Scholarship
- Bob and Beverly Adams Heavy-Civil Construction Scholarship Endowment
- Chester and Elizabeth Johnson Memorial Scholarship
- Donald and Clarice Bocek Scholarship
- Employees of Foushée and Associates, Inc. Construction Training and Education Fund
- Employees of GLY Construction Scholarship
- Employees of JR Abbott Construction Scholarship
- Frank and Susan Young Scholarship
- Friends of the Northern District Scholarship
- Gene Colin Two Year College Scholarship Fund
- Howard S. Lease Memorial Scholarship
- Hugh S. Ferguson Scholarship
- Joe Arrants Memorial Scholarship
- James P. Crutcher Endowment Scholarship
- Larry Johnson/Prime Construction Scholarship
- Matthew and Suzanne Lessard Scholarship
- Mr. A.E. DeAtley Memorial Scholarship
- Mr. and Mrs. Allan F. Osberg Scholarship
- MulvannyG2 in Memory of Patricia Chikamoto Lee Scholarship
- Robert B. McEachern Memorial Scholarship
- Robert L. & Betty L. Landau Scholarship
- Robert W. Austin Memorial Scholarship
- William and Jean Scott Building Scholarship
Scholarship Alumni Involvement Opportunities
Are you a former AGC EF scholar looking to give back to your industry? We have alumni volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Sign up to be an AGC EF volunteer! Complete our Volunteer Interest Profile which helps us design volunteer opportunities that best fit the skills and interests of our scholarship alumni.
Special thanks to the 2021-2022 Scholarship Selection Committee:
Rick Workman, WG Clark Construction Co.*, Chair
Curt Gimmestad, Absher Construction
Suzanne Lessard, Tamarack Consulting
Jamie Miller, Sellen Construction
Jane Mounsey, GLY Construction
Mike Price, Abbott Construction
*Denotes former AGC Education Foundation scholarship recipient.